2017 Goals & Resolutions
This a list of the goals and resolutions that I wish to accomplish this year. As most people, goals and resolutions do not get accomplished as planned at the beginning of the year. One of the themes of this blog is that I want to achieve as many as possible and document them here (with pictures, videos, text, and so on). I hope that you guys make a list of goals and resolutions and achieve them because everyone should get to be the person they want to be and experience what they wish. Some of these will be accomplished by myself and some with other people. By the end of 2017, I hope as many of these will be done. If not, they'll probably get added to 2018. I'll do them eventually.
Goals and Resolutions for 2017
- Marathon/Run. I would like to either run in a marathon or a fun-run type activity. I am not good at running or walking for that matter, so that is one thing I'd like to do in 2017.
- Niagara Falls. The farthest north I have ever been is Connecticut. I would love to travel to Niagara Falls and just feel the mist on my face. Plus, I would love to drive on over to Canada. Maybe I'll do that one next year.
- Go to the beach. As a person who lived near the beach for 14 years of their life, I never liked the beach. I went to one in 2015 (the Bahamas) and fell in love with it. I want to go this year with Jude since he has never seen a beach (except in pictures).
- Toes in Lake Erie. I do not know how sanitary or legal it would be. I want to stick my toes in Lake Erie.
- A trip to Washington, D.C. I have not been in a while. I mainly want to sight-see. Monuments and museums all day every day.
- Cruise. Not particular on where or how long. I just want to go on another cruise so bad. The most extreme form of relaxation is a cruise.
- Meditate daily.
- Blog consistently.
- Create a fragrance free bath bomb recipe. I am allergic to fragrances, but I like the idea of bath bombs. I want to create a fragrance free recipe and make a bunch to put on an etsy shop.
- Learn to dance. Take a dance class, even if it is just once or consistently. It is something I have always wanted to learn to do.
- Make a recipe book (or e-book). I want to collect a bunch of my favorite recipes or the recipes I use most into an easy-to-use book or e-book.
- Learn how to play chess.
- Write a letter for every moment of Jude's life. This sounds very morbid, but I have watched two movies where the parent writes a letter for every moment in their life in case they miss it. I like the idea because you never know what may happen. Morbid, I know.
- Improve my memory.
- Fix my sleeping schedule and improve my quality of sleep.
- Survive this year of graduate school. If I can survive this year, then I only have one semester left in 2018!
- Buy a sudoku puzzle book and finish the entire thing.
- Complete a puzzle with more like 300 pieces.
- Go hiking.
- Read every book I own.
- Eat fewer calories (and lose 15-20 lbs).
- Learn self-acceptance. I want to accept myself as I am and feel comfortable in my own skin.
- Donate to a charity.
- Spa day. I would like to have one day in 2017 where I get pampered and rejuvenated.
- Get organized. We moved in November 2016. We have mostly unpacked, but I want to organize myself. I guess "spring clean" to the extreme. I want to feel settled, organized, and at home.
- The 365-Day Happiness Challenge.
- Quit smoking.
- Earn more money. Whether it means getting a new job, selling items on Etsy, or spending less money on frivolous stuff (and therefore somewhat earning more, right?), I want to have more money in 2017 to enjoy life.
- Bring Jude to somewhere fun and interesting once a month at least. Whether it is the Clay Center in Charleston, West Virginia or bowling, I want him to have a fun childhood. We have fun together at home, but sometimes we need to get out and enjoy what the world has.
- Landscape. The house we are trying to buy has a bit of a landscaping need. I want to landscape the yards. I think it would be a fun, different adventure. Even if we can't afford this house in the end, I am sure the house we DO buy will need a little TLC in the yard area.
- Buy a house.
- Wake up earlier. Earlier than 10 A.M.
- Invest in more 'professional' clothes.
- Save money. $10 per week put into a mason jar. That will be $20 per paycheck. At the end of the year we will have $520 to go on vacation or put into a savings account.
- Stretch daily. It is good for your muscles!
- Learn how to make a signature cocktail.
- Learn about a country I have always wanted to know about. And I'll post what I learn here on the blog! Maybe I will do a few different countries...
- One month without caffeine or soda. I do not drink soda regularly. I'll have a sip every now and then if Caleb (my husband) has one, but I do eat chocolate pretty regularly... and drink coffee.
- Go hunting. Embracing my environment so to speak.
- Go zip-lining.
- Create a photo album of 2016.
- Update my resume.
- Make a compilation video at the end of the year summing up what I did, learned, and experienced in 2017 to watch or share years down the road.
- Attend a concert/show.
- Get a new tattoo. Because fourteen of them is not enough.
- Attend an open mic night.
- Wine tasting or beer sampling. I do not like beer, but it is a new year to try new things, right?
That just about covers it! I will update frequently about this list on the blog. Thanks!