Ugly Sweater Secret Santa Christmas Party 2017

Image may contain: 13 people, people smiling, indoor

I want to take a moment to really appreciate the humans in this photograph. Oh, and Bandit, who is like a human but is clearly a dog. 

On December 9th, I threw a Christmas party! I was really excited about it. Obviously because I love party planning and human contact (sometimes). I really like holidays, even though the days surrounding them seem to be questionable. Regardless, I figured a party would cheer me (and everyone else!) up. I invited a butt ton of people, but only these (+ my mom) came. And that was okay with me! I made some new friends and it was rad! 

The Ugly Sweaters were bomb. I was actually incredibly impressed by the variety of ugly sweaterness that entered my home. A few were really really ugly (Looking at you, Syd & Brandon). Asia won the Ugly Sweater contest though! I wish I would have gotten a picture of it because she definitely deserved to win. 

We did Secret Santa as well. It was hard because most people didn't know each other or only knew each other in passing. I made google forms so people could give ideas, but it's truly hard to think of a thoughtful gift under $20 when you do not know much about the person. I even had trouble explaining the things that my best friend likes. I had BFF KC, which was easy to me because he's one of my best friends. I got him Exploding Kittens and body wash (Bourbon from Bath and Body Works - I was going to link it, but it's all sold out!).  Kaylee had me and her gift was perfect. 


I don't know when I'll drink the wine or if I'll drink it. It's actually really pretty. Maybe I'll drink it for New Years or save it. I don't know. Regardless, the wall hanging is going to look so cute in my living room once I paint the walls a light gray (once we buy it). Great gift! 

I think next year, I'm going to incorporate more games. Perhaps next year, I'll do a White Elephant-esque Secret Santa. Whichever does best, I'll continue in the future. I'm going to try to do this yearly. Christmas and Halloween are my favorite. I really want to do a Harry Potter Christmas one year. I like theme parties. 

One game we played was the present wrapped several times. I feel like there has to be a better name than that. I took a $5 Target gift card and put it in a box. I, then, wrapped it several times in saran wrap. I put it inside another box and made Brittany wrap it several times in wrapping paper. It got INTENSE! I took a video. I'll put it below this. Sydnee won! 



We also played the Candy Cane game. I really need to figure out what names to call these games. You take a candy cane in your mouth and try to hook and drop as many as you can into a bowl. It's actually a lot harder than you think. Skye won and Ben lost. We figured that the winner of this game could made the loser do something silly. Skye made Ben stand outside shirtless for five minutes. It may or may not have been freezing cold and snowing. They have such a great relationship (they're dating, if you don't know them). 

Overall, great night! I hope everyone who came had fun. See ya next year for another great Christmas partay! 

Also:
Here's a really crappy picture of Brittany and I. I look like I'm ready to take a nap and I definitely was. We spent the entire day running around and cleaning and prepping. Also, no makeup = very sleepy looking Dori.

THIS PICTURE JUST SHOWS HOW GOOFY WE ALL ARE. I LOVE IT.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
Look at this adorable Secret Santa gift that Asia got Skye! I'm in love.

Image may contain: 11 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor
We are all silly and crazy people who pick the same silly face.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 2018 Television Cancellations and Renewals

2018