December 3: Chaotic Computers


Today is December 3. There are 22 days until Christmas and 28 days left in 2017. Each day seems to be going by so quickly. I feel like 2018 will be here before we know it. It's Sunday. It's a lazy day.

Do you have a computer? A laptop or a desktop? I have a laptop. I use it frequently (like right now). It's important in my life since I am in graduate school and teach and blog and other things that require a computer. The one thing I hate about computers (and any electronic) is that memory is limited.

Today's Task: Clean out your folders on your computer. Erase/trash any files or items that you no longer need. Organize your files into folders for easy organization. Don't forget to empty your trash can afterward.

My download folder is horrible about getting overloaded. I usually do this two or three times a year. I'll show you an example of what I'm talking about as far as today's task.

Before:

After:



Doesn't that look so much better? Less clutter. Less chaos. More organized. Now I'll not have to search as much to find something I'm looking for. I know that I can find PowerPoints that I've made or used in class in the "PowerPoints" folder. If I need to find a copy of my transcript, I can look in my "important documents" folder. I highly recommend doing this exercise every year, if not more than once a year. It's freeing. Declutter your life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 2018 Television Cancellations and Renewals

2018

Ugly Sweater Secret Santa Christmas Party 2017