August & September 2017 TV Renewals & Cancellations


Here we are again to say goodbye to some television shows. Or perhaps we are here to welcome back other television shows. Actually, it's both. August falls in that weird time in Summer where there is not a lot of television shows. So, fingers crossed that a bunch of shows were not cancelled. Are you ready? Here we go.

Cancellations:

  • The Middle (ABC) will end with its 9th season
  • Gypsy (Netflix)
  • Dark Matter (Syfy)
  • Will (TNT)
  • Blood Drive (Syfy)
  • Z: The Beginning of Everything (Amazon)
  • Class (BBC)
  • The Last Tycoon (Amazon)
  • Stitchers (Freeform)
  • The Mist (Spike)


Renewals:

  • Anne with an E (Netflix) - Season 2
  • Will & Grace (NBC) - Season 10
  • Famous in Love (Freeform) - Season 2
  • $100,000 Pyramid (ABC)
  • Celebrity Family Feud (ABC)
  • Match Game (ABC)
  • Insecure (HBO)
  • Ballers (HBO)
  • Snowfall (FX) - Season 2
  • Love Connection (FOX) - Season 2
  • Queen of the South (USA) - Season 3
  • GLOW (Netflix) - Season 2
  • Ozark (Netflix) - Season 2
  • Friends from College (Netflix) - Season 2
  • Transparent (Amazon) - Season 5
  • Last Chance U (Netflix) - Season 3
  • Room 104 (HBO) - Season 2
  • Fleabag (Amazon) - Season 2
  • True Detective (HBO) - Season 3
  • Veep (HBO) - Season 7 final season
  • I'm Dying Up Here (Showtime) - Season 2
  • Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) - 3 more seasons
  • Vikings (History) - Season 6
  • People of Earth (TBS) - Season 3
  • Wrecked (TBS) - Season 3
  • Guestbook (TBS) - Season 2
  • Atypical (Netflix) - Season 2
  • The Deuce (HBO) - Season 2
  • Bojack Horseman (Netflix) - Season 5
  • Marlon (NBC) - Season 2


Honorable Mentions

  • Stitchers: I never watched you, but I thought about it every time I saw the commercial for you or the ad on Hulu. Now I'll never get to watch it as it airs. Goodbye, summer stitch.
  • The Middle: You've been on for many seasons and you were a good follow-up for the Janitor. I've also never watched you, but you had to be good to last this long. Right? Goodbye The Middle who had rating stuck in the middle.
I am so happy about some of these renewals! Famous in Love had a really dramatic first season and I'm excited to see how they unfold the ending of season 1 and continue on with the storyline. It's a good drama (better than PLL, in my opinion). I also love that they renewed Celebrity Family Feud because I think I like it a little bit better than regular Family Feud, even though I love them both. And they confirmed the return of True Detective! When was season 2? Didn't that end forever ago? Haven't we waited a lifetime for the return of True Detective? HBO is on fire, considering they also renewed Veep for a final season and Last Week Tonight for 3 more seasons. Veep is quirky. LWT is so educational and funny. I love John Oliver! Finally, Bojack Horseman was renewed for another season. I was really impressed by this last season. It wasn't as stupid funny as previous seasons. I liked the relationship growth between Bojack and Hollyhock. Anyways, there's some good returns! Unfortunately, there's some cancellations, but I think we'll survive. 

What are your thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 2018 Television Cancellations and Renewals

2018

Ugly Sweater Secret Santa Christmas Party 2017