January 2018: TV Renewals and Cancellations

Welcome to the new year! It's 2018, baby. Lots of new television shows are being released this year, but there's also a lot of old shows that will most likely end this year. Let's hope this is a good year for TV. I have a hypothesis that a lot of shows will be cancelled this year and next year will be the year of mostly new television shows. Let's see what was renewed and cancelled in January.


Renewals

  • She's Gotta Have It (Netflix) - Season 2
  • The Circus (Showtime) - Season 3
  • The Gifted (FOX) - Season 2
  • Young Sheldon (CBS) - Season 2
  • The Gong Show (ABC) - Season 2
  • Floribama Shore (MTV) - Season 2
  • Future Man (Hulu) - Season 2
  • Marvel's Runaways (Hulu) - Season 2
  • Ellen's Game of Games (NBC) - Season 2
  • Full Frontal With Samantha Bee (TBS) - Seasons 3 and 4
  • American Dad (TBS) - Season 15 and 16
  • Stan Against Evil (IFC) - Season 3
  • The Walking Dead (AMC) - Season 9
  • 9-1-1 (FOX) - Season 2
  • The Tick (Amazon) - Season 2
  • Grown-ish (Freeform) - Season 2
  • Fuller House (Netflix) - Season 4
  • The Chi (Showtime) - Season 2
  • Suits (USA) - Season 8


Cancellations

  • The Fosters (Freeform)
  • The Mayor (ABC)
  • Chance (Hulu)
  • Lady Dynamite (Netflix)
  • The Shannara Chronicles (Spike)
  • I Love Dick (Amazon)
  • Jean-Claude Van Johnson (Amazon)
  • One Mississippi (Amazon)
  • Damnation (USA)
  • Dice (Showtime)
  • Shut Eye (Hulu)

I'm sad that The Fosters was cancelled because I absolutely love that show and all of the topics that they have discussed over the last five years. I'm glad they are at least doing a spin-off, though spin-offs never seem to be as good as the original. The Mayor was really good and I'm sad that was cancelled. It didn't have a hard-hitting storyline, but it was light-hearted and I liked watching it. It seems most of the shows that were cancelled this month were from streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. 

This is probably the first time I'm actually not okay with some renewals. I don't know why they renewed Suits again, considering two of their main characters are leaving. The show probably won't last much more than season 8. I tried watching The Gifted and couldn't make it past episode 4. It was boring. I tried really hard to love it, but I just couldn't. Super excited about American Dad, but I wish they would add seasons 10-14 onto a streaming site. I have missed out on those episodes and I do not approve. Happy about Fuller House. It's cheesy and they ride heavily on the original series, but I like watching it with my mom.

What shows are you sad/happy about?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 2018 Television Cancellations and Renewals

2018

Ugly Sweater Secret Santa Christmas Party 2017