The Bachelor Season 22: Preface

This blog is notorious for commenting on The Bachelor (and sometimes the spin-offs, Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise). That is because The Bachelor (and other reality competition style shows) are completely in my "guilty pleasure" folder. It's like a trainwreck you can't look away from. I expect it's near how people who are super into sports feel, especially now that The Bachelor franchise has started doing fantasy leagues. I definitely won last year's fantasy league (not formally announced to the world or a big deal but I definitely picked 3 out of the top 5 and Vanessa as the final rose).

I only started watching The Bachelor franchise two years ago. I started with Ben's season, followed up with JoJo's season of the Bachelorette, Bachelor in Paradise season 3, Nick Viall's season of the Bachelor, skipped Rachel's season of the Bachelorette, and finished up with the most recent and weirdest season of Bachelor in Paradise. It's been a roller coaster for sure. So when they announced Arie (Janu-arie, hardy har har), I had no idea who he was or what significance he was to the franchise. I never watched the season he was on. I've never seen or heard him mentioned by other past contestants. He just came out of the blue. I definitely was expecting Peter or someone from Bachelor in Paradise to be picked to be the Bachelor. When they announced Arie, I was shocked, confused, and weirded out. He was *not* what I expected.

It's currently Wednesday, January 3rd at 12:52AM EST. I have not watched the first episode. I haven't started blogging about it (here I am right now). I just happened to think about the season and how weird it's going to be. I cannot decide how committed I'll be to this season. Nick's season was kind of garbage so I think that's why I skipped Rachel's season of the Bachelor. I just don't know how I feel about Arie or the franchise as a whole right now. I'll watch it... obviously. I just don't know how I'll feel about watching it. I plan on starting my premiere episode blog post later today or tomorrow. I just am not excited about it like I have been in the past. LET'S SEE!

x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 2018 Television Cancellations and Renewals

2018

Ugly Sweater Secret Santa Christmas Party 2017